Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Are You Ready To Rrruuummmble?

When my sister Shelly found out she was pregnant, a little less than a year ago, we decided that if/when she went back to work I would take care of her baby. In February she gave birth to her sweet baby girl, Alyson. Next week Shelly will return to work. Yesterday we had a trial run of Alyson spending the day here with her mom. It went well. I fed her and consoled her when she woke up from her nap. Today we are having a practice day before the everyday starts. Monday the real fun begins.

Right now Alyson is happily bouncing next to me, smiling and babbling away. My child is in her room screaming about the injustice of having to take a nap while her momma is two timing her. Her comfort object, the snuggle bear, is doing nothing to comfort and the pacifier is doing no sort of pacifying. That is not to say Callie is behaving any worse than Alsyon. They just like to take turns being cheeky. What fun!

1 comment:

Traci said...

Wow, it will be like having twins! I sure it will be challenging, but have its fun moments too. Good luck!