Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For Real This Time


We had a good run at breastfeeding. Callie will be 16 months old tomorrow and we are officially done nursing. I know I threatened being done about a month ago, but this time I mean it.

This is a picture of my delicious baby when she was just 5 days old. Mmm, I love that drunken passed out look. I also love that she had a milk mustache. I had talked to the lactation consultant earlier that day and she asked if my milk had come in, she was concerned because we used a nipple shield. After our conversation, I worried I wouldn't have enough milk, but looking back at this picture it seems like she was doing okay, and I worried for no good reason.

You can't tell from this picture but she was still on the bilirubin blanket at this time and we were nursing every 2 hours. I remember thinking at 4 in the morning that day I was going to be spending hours and hours and hours in that chair, with the boppy, for what felt like forever. Now I can't believe how quickly the last 16 months have passed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: