Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clogged Drains

So when you haven't had a garbage disposal in nearly 5 years and your husband tells you its okay to put potato peels down it, don't believe him.

Yesterday I "tried" to make some sweet potato oven fries (does anyone know how to make them crispy without burning 'em?) and then I tried the garbage disposal. Of course, this clogged the sink.
So I pulled out the trusty plunger and plunged away to no avail. (Which it turns out there are two different kinds of plungers--this is a sink plunger, real toilet plungers are more heavy duty, Thanks Home Depot Home Improvement Book!)

I decided I would just take the pipes apart. The disposal was still able to run smoothly, the water just wouldn't go down, so I knew the debris was stuck in the line somewhere. I managed to clear the pipes and then when I went to put it back together I realized I was missing one of these round screwy thingies...


see how there's nothing threaded to those thready things?


Turns out after Jeff went to the hardware store today nothing is supposed to be threaded onto those thready things... Just a rubber washer that was on there to begin with.

So we didn't have to buy anything to fix it. And that's why Life Doesn't Suck As Much As I Thought this Thursday.


1 comment:

Alli Worthington said...

Rawk on! That so does NOT suck.
xoxo.