Sunday, April 13, 2008

An Awesome Day!

I had a terrific birthday yesterday! I started to think it was the best one ever, when I remembered that last year for my birthday I found out I was pregnant, after nearly three years of trying it was a wonderful surprise gift. But this was still probably a close second :)

My plans changed about a billion times. I have been wanting to try a highly recommended restaurant out in Half Moon Bay, but then chickened out of taking the baby on such a long trip, about two hours from home. Then someone called and offered us tickets to the Giants game. I thought it would be fun to go, but then realized that I didn't know how Callie would do, and since it was a day game I didn't want to risk sunburn for Callie, so I made Jeff go to the game with his brother-in-law. While they went to the game I went shopping with my sister-in-law and I got two new pairs of bermuda shorts and a couple of shirts from Old Navy.

As for gifts, when we went shopping Emily gave me some $$ for shopping and bought us a great lunch at Chili's, Jeff gave me free reign over spending some moola on some new clothes (my clothes were in such terrible shape, it is no wonder I was glad to wear maternity clothes), and my mom and Shelly went in together and got me a breast pump. As odd as it sounds, I am really excited about the breast pump. I was not looking forward to pumping with my old hand pump to mix cereal for Callie.

In addition to the gifts I was able to spend the day with some of my favorite people. Callie, Katie and Lily (my two nieces) were angels while we were shopping and about as good as you can expect for a three year old, one year old, and four month old to act at a restaurant for lunch. We had an awesome dinner at Vito's with my family and Callie and Alyson (my other niece) were both pretty well behaved also. The food was incredible and the music, while loud was well done.

All in all a great day. The only thing missing were a few family and friends. I wish all my friends and family happiness in my next year and I hope I can bless them as richly as they bless me.

No comments: