Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sweet Tomatoes


Yum! The tomatoes are just beginning to ripen in our garden. I just love to step out the back door and get fresh foods. These tomato plants are volunteers that sprouted on their own before we bought the house, so when we eat them it feels like the house is paying us back for buying it.

We also have a lemon tree that gave us a healthy crop of lemonade, lemon bars, and seasoning for meat.

So if you figure a lemon costs .69 each (that's what they were last time I went to the grocery store) and tomatoes are 1.79 / lb, the house only owes us another 75,556 lbs of tomatoes and 95,289 more lemons to pay for itself. What a great investment!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jme said...

I laughed when I read this. Hmm, what would I do with 75,ooo lbs of tomatoes??